A load off..
Finally had a call from work today about my job. Was starting to think they weren't even going to do me the courtesy of an interview. Long story short, I've been acting in a higher position for about 12 months. During that time boss promised to have it advertised and filled before I went on maternity leave. Finally advertises - about 3 weeks after I give birth. So I do my duty and formally apply. In about June he puts a long time friend/colleague in the role and apparently HR give him the ok for her to put in a late application. I've given it much thought and spoke to Jason and decided that if they did offer me an interview I would withdraw my application. For a couple of reasons. Firstly, I don't need the extra stress. The job pays about $40 more than my substantive role and has a car park. I'll miss the car park but not much else. Secondly, I'm not in the right headspace after being away from there for 9 months and knowing that the whole department has been restructured. To me its not worth going for the interview and stressing about it and then being overlooked for the other person. At least this way it has happened on my terms. It also lets me look into working a 4 day week instead of full time. Told my boss today how I felt about it all. That I wasn't happy that someone was allowed to put such a late application in and then have the exclusive chance to act in the position for a long period of time. Now I get to feel all smug about it. So at the moment I'm feeling pretty bloody good - I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I also mentioned the 4 day week to my boss. Didn't ask him but told him. His comment was "we'll do anything you want". Pisses me off that he's got off so lightly, he actually admitted to me that he's been stressing about this for weeks and that I've just made it so much easier for him. My reply was "well if it was so important to have it advertised all that time ago, you should have interviewed and filled it and you wouldn't be in this position". Anyway, enough of that - short story is I'm happy!
Had another visit to childcare with bubbalubba this morning. He had a great time today. It was timed perfectly between sleeps. Managed to get a couple of shots (blurry ones at that) of him playing with the toys. He's such an awesome baby.



No comments:
Post a Comment