Oh its nice to be home. I've been up in Toowoomba for the past few days with the kids. Jason had great intentions of getting the deck done (its in bad need of re-coating) while we were away but the weather was not kind (I came home to an awesomely clean home though). The kids and I managed to catch up with family and they had a great time. So many photos lol. If I could find my scrapping desk under the piles of crap (of the non-scrapping variety) I'm sure I could have a ball with the new piccies.
We spent last night at my mothers. She seems so old. She's only 55ish. She starts her new round of chemo in mid-January and will have 5 rounds of radium for her hips. I hope it helps. Her latest scan showed that the spots have spread considerably and there are also some on her skull. I'm the one who buries her head and covers her ears when the cancer talks start. Its my way of coping. My sister and I spoke briefly about it and we are both scared. I find it really difficult to outwardly show any emotion as that is the way we were brought up. A normal family would hug each other wouldn't they? I just can't imagine doing that with my mother. It would feel awkward to me and probably awkward to her. Anyway, the point is - I hope she keeps up the fight. She has moved in with her partner so I'm glad she has someone with her. It's hard with her living a couple of hours away. Its not as if I can jump in the car after work and pop over to make sure she is alright. Anyhoo...
I also managed to catch some time with one of my oldest and dearest friends who I don't spend nearly enough time with. We shared a flat together many many years ago so spent a few hours on Monday night reliving some of those crazy times.
So its nice to be home. Raining again though. Bla. Mind you.. I could be whinging that its stinking hot instead.
Some piccies from our time away
Bubba wasn't too enthused with the horses! Chloe LOVED them
Big boy with his favouritist cousin, Shaun!
Zak, Robbie and Chloe with more of their cousins (Jason's nephew and nieces)
It was a huge couple of days. Its nice to be home. Will hopefully manage to get through some more of my latest stitching. Maybe even get some scrapping done! Work in progress shot of the stitching. I've finished the big soldier's trousers.. so now joy - its on to more black stitching!
xx

No comments:
Post a Comment