About Me

My photo
Bon Jovi rocks my world. So do the two little men in my life, Zak (13) and Robert (3). I love scrapbooking and cross stitch and, in a past life, ballroom dancing.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lots and Lots

Heaps going on at the moment. And here I am at 10pm on a school night still sitting up.. putting off going to bed. I'm sure I'll regret it (again) when my alarm goes off at stupid o'clock in the morning lol.

I've managed to get heaps done on Lest We Forget this week. I've finished the soldier's body so am going to spend some more timing plowing through the solid colours until Sunday. I'd take a progress shot tonight but I'm too lazy. So a Sunday progress shot it will be. As I get closer to finishing it I'm starting to think about how I'd like it framed. I was thinking of holding off getting it framed until Jason's grandad passes away. That probably sounds really weird for me to say, but I'd like to have a little plaque engraved and framed as part of it acknowleging (urgh too hard to look up the right spelling) him and maybe even donate it to the home he is in. But then again, I could just get a little plaque done (you know like the little ones they have on trophies) that says "in honour of R... E.... T... Not sure yet. One month before Anzac Day which was my deadline for it and I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it. Stoked about that.

My mother had her first round (for this lot of treatment) chemo today. She said so far there are no side effects but she expects to feel a bit nauseous tomorrow. Apparently the chemo treatment has changed a lot from when she had it for her breast cancer all those years ago. She will still lose her hair which she is pissed about because here in Australia we are heading towards winter (although you'd never guess it with the disgusting heat we've had here in Brisbane over the last few days). She mentioned that there are some chemo treatments now that don't cause hair loss - but the one she is having does. So she's on the hunt for some cool bandanas and hats etc.

Work is still crazy. When is it not? I remember it used to be quite bearable and crazy was rare instead of the norm. I can't see it settling down anytime soon with talk of an election in the not too distant future. Anyhoo.. it pays the bills.

Big boy goes off to camp for four days next week. I always miss him when he's not around. What am I going to do as he hurtles into the teenage years and wanting to be anywhere but with his mum? eeek..

Anyway - should go to bedfordshire.. i'm tired. Hoping tomorrow night at work isn't a late one. Its a hard slog doing long day Fridays.

xx

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Can't wait to see the progress on Least We Forget, I might have mine done in time for Anzac Day NEXT YEAR LOL

Kim said...

Really hope all goes ok for your mum with the chemo. She sounds very positive though, which is wonderful of her.

Enjoy your stitching and hope work isn't as crazy as expected.

:)