About Me

My photo
Bon Jovi rocks my world. So do the two little men in my life, Zak (13) and Robert (3). I love scrapbooking and cross stitch and, in a past life, ballroom dancing.

Friday, October 07, 2011

Learning the hard way

I think i've posted here before about the mini dramas i'm having with my big boy (almost 13). He's been such an awesome kid but he's just starting to hit that stage where he needs to test limits etc.

After last term at school he dropped a behaviour level which means he lost his house captain badge (until he goes back up a behaviour level). I think the amount of privileges he lost at home had more effect than actually losing the badge. Until today. They had their school ball games carnival today. His house won. Someone else had to do the victory speech. I think that stung. I really hope he's learnt from it and adjusts his behaviour.

I guess the thing that frustrates me most (at the risk of sounding like that mother who thinks her little treasure can do no wrong) is that when I spoke to the Deputy Principal last term he told me that big boy hasn't done anything seriously wrong. Its just a combination of little things. I guess I can take some comfort in that?

Anyhoo. Fingers crossed that he's working it out.

Love this boy.

No comments: