About Me

My photo
Bon Jovi rocks my world. So do the two little men in my life, Zak (13) and Robert (3). I love scrapbooking and cross stitch and, in a past life, ballroom dancing.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

I likey!

I've spent some time today working on the Lizzy Kate design. Two words. Loving.It. I thought linen would be much harder. It's harder to count than on Aida for sure so I need to have as little distraction as possible, which means doing it when the rest of the family are doing something else lol. I've spent some time with it this afternoon though and this is my progress so far.


For Bec - I got it online from Colours Down Under, an Aussie online store. For some reason though I can't access the site at the moment to post the link. They also have a dog one that is way cute!

A couple of weeks ago I also experimented with a little pattern I worked out. Very basic. But I love it. Not sure what to do with it. I was going to make it into a pin cushion but I think all of the solid stitching will mean its too hard to push needles into? It measures about 5cm x 5cm. And for those who don't know, its one of the Bon Jovi album covers (Have a Nice Day).  I found my littlest man running around with it the other day so now it has some charming finger marks over it.. hehehe

xx

2 comments:

Bec said...

I'm glad you're loving it!

Linen is a hell of a lot harder to count that Aida! Total silence is needed lol.

Thanks for website! I have bookmarked it. They have some really nice kits.

Awww. I love it!
It shouldn't be too hard to stick pins through. I stick pins in Jack's eyes all the time. yes, I know, it's quite cruel.

Maybe get some matching material and sew it around the edges to make it bigger ( like I did with my Mootilda pattern ) so then if you are worried about pushing the pins into the stitches, you can always just stick it into the material around it.

I hope explained that well enough, my brain has turned into mush..

Daffycat said...

Ah, the counting gets easier ~ I promise! Just keep with it and soon it becomes second nature. Many years ago, I thought I'd never stop stitching on aida now I don't think I've stitched on it for a few years already!