About Me

My photo
Bon Jovi rocks my world. So do the two little men in my life, Zak (13) and Robert (3). I love scrapbooking and cross stitch and, in a past life, ballroom dancing.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stitchy Update

Just wanted to share some progress shots of my two main projects at the moment.

Lest We Forget. I really want to have this one finished by Anzac Day. I think I'll be right as most of the stitching is big sections of single colours. I can usually manage to do it while bubba is awake as it doesn't take much concentration.


The JBJ project though, is a different story. Its 225 stitches wide by 284 stitches high! So many colours. So many thread changes! It's going to take me years. I'm not going to even try putting a deadline on it! I started this one a few weeks ago but realised that my cloth was too small so I had to start again. Lucky I hadn't done too much. I can only work on this one when everyone else in the house has gone to bed. The constant interruptions while I'm counting stitches and trying to follow the chart do my head in lol.


It's Australia Day tomorrow so I'm hoping to have some time during the day (in between napping of course lol) to get through some more of Lest We Forget.

I've only ever stitched on aida cloth - have never tried the linen. After checking out some of the beautiful work on linen on people's blogs though I've decided to give it a try. I picked up some pre-cut linen the other day. Its 32 ct. Going to experiement and see how I go!

xx

1 comment:

Bec said...

Nice progress on Lest we forget. I'm sure you will have it done in time for ANZAC day.

With JBJ have you tried threading multiple needles with different threads, or carry the threads over? Doing either is quite a time saver!