About Me

My photo
Bon Jovi rocks my world. So do the two little men in my life, Zak (13) and Robert (3). I love scrapbooking and cross stitch and, in a past life, ballroom dancing.

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Trying... very trying..

Urgh what a day. Not sure if it was because we were all tired or if we are entering a new phase in our lives. Zak was a bloody monster today. I know he's fast headed toward the teenage years and he is going to change but I'm starting to miss my beautiful, caring and patient boy. Today he was sullen, moody, up himself and rude. Mind you, he was only home for a few hours - he spent most of it at one of the neighbour's places. Now that our holidays have almost come to an end, its time to rein him back in, 8.30 bed time, jobs done etc etc. I'm crossing fingers that its only the tiredness from a full on couple of weeks.

Robbie cracked us up at dinner tonight. He was having some jelly and ice cream for dessert and after most of the mouthfuls he'd shiver. LOL. Funny boy. I'm having a hard time comprehending him turning two this month!

We had a nice quiet time last night here at home. I had a couple of friends call in but at midnight it was just our little family (minus Chloe - her choice). Speaking of Miss Chloe, i'm really worried about the next 12 months for her. One of her good friends is friends with me on Facebook. Over the last week she (her friend) has been posting lots of status messages about being hungover. She turned 15 3 days ago :( . It makes me sad. Maybe she's not really hungover and just saying it to be cool. I remember being that age and trying to be cool too. It's sad that she thinks to be cool she needs to say she's hungover. On the other hand, what if she really is hungover? What the?

I'm looking forward to this year. I'm going to try and remember to enjoy the small things and not get caught up in the worry and angst of things I can't change.

Shell at Challenge Heaven is starting a 52 week journal project. I'm seriously thinking about giving it a go. Surely I can manage one layout about me a week? We'll see lol.

I should go to bed. Two days of freedom left before I'm back to the real world of work.

xx

No comments: