About Me

My photo
Bon Jovi rocks my world. So do the two little men in my life, Zak (13) and Robert (3). I love scrapbooking and cross stitch and, in a past life, ballroom dancing.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What a day

My internet is dropping out quite often so I'm hoping I can get this post finished before it crashes again.

We have spent most of the day glued to the telly for updates on the flood situation here in Brisbane. I still can't believe its happening. I have no other words.

I won't be back at work in the city until Monday but am able to work from home with remote access. It's not ideal and there isn't much work being done but its better to be here where its safe and dry than risk going into town.

In amongst work and being glued to the telly I've done a little bit of cross stitch. Pottered around the house.. etc.. The mood is very sombre.

We woke up to a sunny and hot typical Brisbane morning. I think that makes it harder to believe the city is under threat.

Back to the couch. Hope my Brisbane friends are safe and dry.

xx

1 comment:

Bec said...

I'm so glad your safe! I have been thinking about you all day.. :)

My internet is doing the same thing!

We are stuck in our town. Flooded on all sides.
Goodna is well and truely under water and behind our house near redbank plaza is under too!

There isn't much to do but cross stitch and sit glued to the tele!

There really is no words to discribe how devastating and horrendous this is!

Keep safe
xo