Nice civilised start to the week this time around. Lets hope it stays that way. Last week is one that I'm not wanting to repeat any time soon.
My mother had her surgery last Wednesday. She was expecting to be out on the weekend so I had not made plans to go and see her. She is in hospital in Toowoomba which is about 2 hours from me. I phone on Thursday to see how she is doing and she sounded terrible. Groggy and just not herself. For me to be ok with this I need her to seem to be ok. So of course I fretted. Then she sent me a me text on Saturday morning to say she wouldn't be going home until next Wednesday. So I made the spur of the moment decision to go up and see her after I dropped big boy at his dad's house at the Gold Coast. Only stayed for about an hour but I needed to do it and I'm glad I did. She seemed much brighter than she sounded on the phone which was a relief. She has these massive bruises down the side of her hip and thigh and what seems like a gazillion stitches. She's been told she is off work for 3 months so she's hoping to have the next lot of radium and the chemo out of the way before she goes back. She's a tough old chook my mother. On the way up to see her I thought I was going to get caught in a massive storm.. this was the view from my windscreen.. so glad it had already been through Toowoomba and was on its way somewhere else.
Have to share this funny pic too... in traffic on the way to work on Friday morning and this bus had stopped beside me (gotta love stop start traffic blurgh).. it was an ad for Monash IVF..
And one more photo share - the weekends calendar.. Love it!
xx




1 comment:
It is absolutely horrible what your Mum has to go through!
It's great that you got to visit her, even though it was for a short time.
Those clouds don't look very inviting! Taking a photo while driving, you naughty girl! lol
At least you were on a long stretch of road.
LOL!! Nice ad. Never seen that one before.
The bitch calender is just too funny!
Happy Stitching
Bec
Post a Comment