About Me

My photo
Bon Jovi rocks my world. So do the two little men in my life, Zak (13) and Robert (3). I love scrapbooking and cross stitch and, in a past life, ballroom dancing.

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Humpity hump hump

It is hump day hey? I'm still trying to adjust to being back in the real world and actually having to keep track of days!

It's raining here again in Brisbane tonight - just for something different lol.

Managed to dig out the unfinished cross stitch I was talking about a couple of posts ago and took a pic. I started this about 17 years ago. I cringe when I see the masking tape around the outside although it doesn't seem to have discoloured the fabric. In any case, that part will be under the frame (if I ever finish it!) so won't be noticable... problem is, I know it's there! The tape around Robbie's actually left some sticky residue.. but again - it ended up under the frame so no one knows.. shhhh..

Anyway - here it is! I think I still have two teddies left to do (I'm too lazy to get up and go and look at the pattern lol). I know I have run out of a colour and need to work out which one it is and replace it. Then I start thinking that over the years surely the cotton colours will have changed (even slightly?). But hopefully it won't be too noticable.


Also - a progress shot of Lest We Forget. I'd love to have this one done by Anzac Day. Even though Jason's Grandad will probably never see it, I will have immense satisfaction. Must say, I'm really *disliking* the colours in it. Again - that smudge is not on the fabric.. I must clean my camera lense!


I'm thinking of making a start on a Jon Bon Jovi cross stitch. It was one that I ordered through Etsy and it was emailed to me. I need to get organised and order the thread and cloth. Also, does anyone know what the copyright rules are for images? I'd love to have this image made into a cross stitch but I'm not sure if its illegal or not?
I've been looking around at pattern maker programs but a bit nervous to take the plunge.

Before I forget - I still have the giveaways I mentioned a few posts ago. Please let me know if you're interested. If none of those tickle your fancy, let me know and I'll send through a list of the other little kits I have that are looking for good homes.

Hoping to make a start on the 52 weeks of me album this weekend. I'm pretty keen to do it. I'm sure I've got a spare album floating around in my stash somewhere lol!

Should go to bed I guess.. I hate this being back at work shit.. hehehe..

xx

1 comment:

Bec said...

Hi Shelley :)

The teddies look great!
I found that some of DMC's colours have changed a bit over the years. #318 and #647 seemed to have changed quite a bit. In my cross stitch I can see where the colours have changed but others don't seem to notice.

I'm not really sure of copyrights. I am going to be starting one from an artwork. I think it'd be right to do as long as you don't use it for monetary gain... but as I said I'm not 100%

I can give you the link to a cross stitch pattern program if you're interested? It is a free internet based program, very simple and easy to use. Just play around with the dimesions, colour count and fabric count until your happy with it. It even gives a simulation on how the pattern will look once finished.

I'm very interested in the giveways! I'm more than happy to take your unwanted stash lol I'll pay for postage too :)

Sorry for the long comment

Happy Stitching
Bec